The mission of Great Lakes Academy is to provide students with average to above-average intelligence, diagnosed with various Learning Differences, Asperger’s Syndrome, and/or ADHD, a stimulating environment and favorable atmosphere which affords each student opportunities to develop:
- An appreciation for their own uniqueness.
- Self-confidence and self-worth via successful learning experiences, social skills classes, and positive reinforcement.
- Coping skills that will help them to become more effective students.
- A sense of accountability and responsibility for their own academic experience and social skills.
Great Lakes Academy Provides Its Students:
- An attitude of acceptance
- Early intervention that develops both self-esteem and confidence
- A social skills curriculum that teaches strong interpersonal skills
- An individualized multi-sensory approach to learning that maintains his/her interest
- A low student/teacher ratio and an understanding, caring, and well-trained faculty